Tips from Oil Direct to reduce your heating bills.
- Ensure the boiler is serviced by a professional at least once a year to avoid loss of performance.
- If rooms are being unused – switch off the radiators.
- Ensure your house is adequately insulated.
- Draught proof windows and doors to prevent heat from escaping.
- Turn down the temperature on your thermostat.
- Use heating control zones where fitted.
- If possible avoid ordering in small quantities – the more litres you buy the better the rate!
- Check the home heating system for leaks.